This specialized training course is designed for emergency responders to address the unique challenges and dangers posed by incidents involving the solvent extraction of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The course offers in-depth knowledge and practical skills to safely manage and respond to these hazardous situations, which are often associated with illegal drug manufacturing processes.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Overview of THC Solvent Extraction: Understanding the process of solvent extraction for THC, including the common solvents used, equipment, and the reasons this method is employed.
- Hazard Identification: Identification of the various hazards associated with THC solvent extraction, such as flammable solvents, explosive atmospheres, toxic fumes, and chemical burns.
- Safety and Risk Mitigation: Training in safety protocols and risk mitigation strategies, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilation techniques, and hazard containment.
- Emergency Response Procedures: Step-by-step guidance on how to respond to incidents involving THC solvent extraction, including initial assessment, securing the scene, and emergency medical response for exposure or injuries.
- Interagency Coordination: Strategies for effective coordination and communication with law enforcement, hazardous materials teams, and other relevant agencies during such incidents.
.75 hour of Continuing education credits will be awarded upon successful completion