Welcome Mat

Homepage Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat

This topic contains 10 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by The Hazmat Guys The Hazmat Guys 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

The HazMat Guys
    Keymaster
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 8 months ago

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Jwoodtdor
    Participant
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 1 year ago

Jay Wood here. I’m currently the training officer for my district. We’re a combo department with 25 career and 25 volunteers. We’re at the Hazmat Operations level. Closest Hazmat team, a state asset, is 90 minutes out. We’ve used them multiple times throughout the years.

Tom Walsh
    Participant
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 3 months ago

My Name is Tom Walsh and I have been a tech since 2008. I have worked in military, federal, and metro fire departments over the last 11 years. I currently work at E60 L19/Hazmat Task Force #1 in Philadelphia, PA. We pull fire duty in South Philadelphia and Hazmat city wide.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Tom Walsh.

Tom Stare
    Participant
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 1 year ago

Tom Stare, Director of Training with SWS Environmental Services. I have been in the emergency services field for about 38 years. I started out in a small volunteer department in Southern PA. 10 years USAF firefighter, hazmat tech (NFPA), High Angle Rescue. After military service I went private industry hazmat response. Major responses to date: 1998 HydroFluoric Acid Spill, TX; Hurricane Katrina Response; BP Oil Spill Vessel Safety Officer. Check out my linked in page: Tom Stare LinkedIn Profile

LabRat
    Participant
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 10 months ago
    United Kingdom

Hi, Steve Welsh. I’m a senior MChem Chemistry student based in the UK. Away from pure chemistry-based academia, I have a keen interest in FRS operations, HazMat Response and HazMat/Chemical sector research and development.

I’m here to try gain knowledge and insight from the community, and to also pitch in wherever I can. I’d warmly welcome any comments which anyone has regarding junior members, and for people like me who are just beginning their career in this sector. Please feel free to Connect and get in touch via my LinkedIn page: http://www.linkedin.com/in/steven-welsh

kyfire0104743
    Participant
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I’m Drew Hinton. I did 10 years as a career Firefighter/EMT/HazMat Tech in Metro Louisville (KY). I served as Director of Hazardous Materials at my department, but left and went to the private sector in September 2016. I’m now an EHS Manager at a chemical plant in Indiana, but also manage our Texas and Iowa locations. I enjoy the HazMat realm and love teaching it. Actually teaching a 40-Hour Hazwoper Tech Course this week to my employees. Stay safe everyone!

The Hazmat Guys
    The Hazmat Guys
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 2 days ago

This almost sounds like an AA meeting.

Bobby

Rob Hourigan
    Participant
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 1 year ago

Hi everyone, I’m Rob Hourigan and I have 22 years with the Burnaby Fire Dept. in south west British Columbia, Canada. I’m currently in charge of running our hazmat program and an acting Captain on an engine company. I am a Technician and instructor for our department and have been involved with our hazmat team for around 17 years. I am also trained to CBRNE Advanced level and will shortly be heading to Pueblo for the Crude by Rail course.

Fyrftrpaul
    Participant
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 1 year ago

Hello everyone Paul Prevost here, 30+ year veteran of the service, currently a DC with Fort Saskatchewan Alberta Canada Fire department. Love the podcast, I have been listening for about 8 months now. Our city is in the center of Canada’s petrochemical industrial heartland. Lots of activity and potential here for complex Haz Mat calls and fires. I am very active on the training, safety codes and command side of the house.

Andrew825
    Participant
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 1 year ago

Good evening everyone, my name is Andrew Remavich, and I am definitely the junior side of this community: I am a 3rd-year student at American University in Washington DC. I do not have any hazmat/firefighting experience, but I am in my university’s Army ROTC program, and hoping to enter the CBRNE field after graduation. I’m here to pick up anything and everything hazmat/chem related, as our program has a surprisingly large void in discussing the subject. Apologies in advance if I blow up your email / linkedIn with questions.

The Hazmat Guys
    The Hazmat Guys
    Keymaster
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 13 days ago

Hello everyone! My name is Edward. I’m a software developer by trade however my family has hazmat experience (My Mother an Environmental Engineer). I wanted to stop by and introduce myself and say it’s a pleasure to be apart of the community.

Thanks!

Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.