We get a chance to chat with Zumro’s Tom Cushing to chat about next level, emergency tents and what they could do for the HazMat community and emergency services. A truly amazing company where we enjoyed diving into the history, technology, and current offerings. Take a listen!
2:20 Introduction to Zumro
3:30 The HazMat Guys Experiences With Zumro
- Very convenient in being able to set up with one person
- LED lighting installed, water connections, and plumbing
- Strong, Rapid Deployment, and Durable
4:40 Where Did The Name Zumro Originate From?
- 5 letters of the original founder’s last names
- Saw a vision for rapidly deployable tents in the emergency services
- Initially adopted by HazMat to be utilized as a “decon” shelter
- Started as a decontamination tent, but was evolved and is currenlty utilized by law enforcement, military, dive teams, and hospital
- Decon Tents to Field Hospitals
9:00 How Does The Technology Work?
- Amazing technology that utilizes low pressure to inflate tents (3.5 PSI)
- Can change valve on tent without having to take it down
- You can leave ZUMRO tents up for days and even weeks without having to inflate it
11:15 Why Do You Believe Your Products Are Essential To The HazMat And Emergency Services Community?
- ZUMRO adjust their products to their clients and have developed unique solutions for complex needs
12:30 What Has Been The Biggest Challenge Zumro Has Faced During The Coronavirus Pandemic? How Have You Guys Evolved Your Business To Meet The Increased Demand?
- Manufacturer is based in Florida and had to hire lots of people to meet demand while protecting their health
15:50 What Do Firefighters And Hazmat Like Best About Your Products?
- Our clients love how robust our tents are while being low maintenance
- Space savings: With Zumro, everything is put into one bag and saves a tremendous amount of space on a truck or plane.
- Line of Duty Injuries: You don’t have to worry about injuries with set up as it is very easy to deploy
- Have seen tents as old as 25 years old still being used in the field. Our tents are built to last
- Tents have a lot of easy, quick fixes if they were accidents in the field due to the low PSI.
24:00 What Is The Most Rewarding Part Of Serving The First Responder Community?
- Love the amount of personalization within this business that is so rewarding. Love working with front line employees that are committed to serving and making their lives easier.
- Can’t imagine working for any other industry
26:00 What’s Next For Zumro? Any Product Launches Or Initiatives?
- Developing Infection Control Tents with negative pressure
- World has changed quickly with coronavirus and we meet the needs of our clients
- Building rapid testing COVID tents to meet the current demand
Does Your Department Have A Need For Zumro’s Products? Please Feel Free To Contact Tom Cushing, Utilizing The Information Below:
- Contact Information: Tom Cushing, email@example.com, 215-850-1074
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-cushing-65a3a87/
- Website: www.zumro.com
- ZUMRO Product Catalogue and Informational Brochures available upon request. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe. Thanks for listening and watching!
Don’t just get on the job, get into the job!