With 2020 going the way it has, it’s nice to have some good news. A modest Emergency Response Guide update and discussion into the new changes and evolution of the guide.
3:45 Release of 2020 Emergency Response Guidebook
5:30 Changes In The New 2020 ERG
- Put a lot more information into the white pages. Serves as a better index to the rest of the book
- White pages are a great resource which serves as a springboard
- Decontamination (p. 362) is a great section that gives basic functions for operation level
- Better updated section for protective clothing
- Great section on lithium batteries and a lot of new materials that have been excluded in past guides
- Honed in on terrorist situations to help prepare for the modern world
- Integrated top views of railcars
12:30 Blue & Yellow Pages (Added new UN #’s)
- Reevaluation of polymerization
14:30 Orange Section (Play by Play of What To Do)
- Added 34 materials into the orange guide
- Added a “how to use” the orange guides which makes it a lot easier
- Changed specific guide numbers and will need to update curriculum
- Added Canada on the front of the guide
- Safety distances have been updated in the guide
- Added the word “Caution” with many different compounds in addition to new polymerization information
Thank you to our sponsor: First Line Technology
Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe. Thanks for listening and watching!
Don’t just get on the job, get into the job!