Rick was able to stick around and educate us on another subject. We discussed the topic of what happens when someone goes down. There are a tons of take-aways from this to throw into the discussion ring.
5:15 Navigating Back Up Teams
- 6 minutes and 20 seconds until backup team arrives (in most scenarios)
- The Back Up team could be sitting back at decon which could delay arrival
- Time is the enemy, air is free, and some people don’t have enough technicians to have “back up” teams.
13:45 Common Sense Approach To Back Up Teams
- Completing definitions for “entry team” and “backup team”
- Developing better roles and procedures for emergency rescues
- Organizing decon rescue teams and backup teams
- Operation vs Technician level in backup team strategy
Thank you to our sponsor: First Line Technology
Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe. Thanks for listening and watching!
Don’t just get on the job, get into the job!