Its been 5 years in the making, but we finally got a chance to sit down with an old friend John Cassidy of the FDNY. We have a chat on tiered response which allows departments and counties better coverage on an incident. This is the intro, wait for more!
3:00 Bob & Peloton Group
4:30 John Cassidy Introduction
5:50 What Is Tiered Response?
- Takes a lot of money, training, and logistics to create a Hazmat technician. Tiered response is a strategy to get more people to contribute in more efficient ways
- Tiered response can work in a variety of different types of areas
8:00 Tiered Response In The FDNY
- One department cannot serve a large city center. After the Tokyo Serin gas incident, needed a better strategy with how to immobilize firefighters to handle a massive response
- Most firefighters are taught about decontamination and basic safety measures. Technician units are in charge of leading the strategy and adapting when needed
- Mission Specific Competencies serve as the core of the Tiered Response
15:00 Different Levels Of Tiered Response
- Creating “master helpers” within mission specific competencies
Thank you to our sponsor: First Line Technology, All Safe Industries and Hurst /Vetter
Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe. Thanks for listening and watching!
Don’t just get on the job, get into the job!