You’d like to write for The Haz Mat Guys, eh? Here’s how to get started:
The Haz Mat Guys is a place for community, where people come together to share what they’ve been through and what they’ve learned.
The site has grown by leaps and bounds since 2015. With thousands of readers and friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, The Haz Mat Guys reaches a large audience of motivated people who are actively seeking tips and techniques to learn, improve and grow as Haz Mat Operators.
Anyone can submit an original post (not previously published anywhere else, including your own site), with a bio, for inclusion on the blog. This is not an elite space, reserved for experts, thought leaders, or professional bloggers. This is a blog for real people who are willing to share their experiences, research, and opinions with a community eager to learn.
WHY CONTRIBUTE TO THE HAZ MAT GUYS?
- Your post will receive broad exposure, promoted to thousands of friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram combined.
- Every post includes a bio with links back to your site (when applicable).
- You’ll be contributing to our growing database of the best educational haz mat information available on the internet. As a contributor, you may have the opportunity to be involved in other projects we undertake as part of this mission.
- At the top of your post, include the key take-away point in a Tweet format of 140 characters or less.
- Aim for a word count between 800 and 2000 words.
- Write in a tone that can be read by anyone in the hazmat world, with easily understood language and sentence structure.
- Provide original, personal, and honest work. Original means your post has never before been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not include any sections taken from a previously published post.
- Keep paragraphs to four sentences or fewer. Include a bio, sixty words or fewer, at the bottom of the post. You can include as many links as you’d like.
- Reserve self-promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post). Please note that links in the body of the post may be removed.
- Include references with links when applicable.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Send your post in plain text, not HTML, in Microsoft Word to email@example.com, with the title in the subject line. Please only send one submission per email.
- Upload a photo of yourself at gravatar.com (if you’d like a photo to show next to your bio). Also, please include in your email the email address you linked to your gravatar account.
- Please only submit original content.
A FEW MORE THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- If your post feels like a good fit for the blog at this time, you will receive a response within two weeks. If you don’t receive a response, please feel free to try again with a different post.
- You may be asked to revise to make your post stronger or clearer, and your proposed title may be changed before the post goes live.
- Your post may be edited for clarity, grammar, and overall style. If there are any major changes made, you will be asked to review and approve it first.
Thank you for the insight you share, and for being part of The Haz Mat Guys community!